Home COMMUNITY Long serving local DUP member, Nat Storey, passes away

Long serving local DUP member, Nat Storey, passes away

Cllr McAuley has payed tribute to long serving DUP member Nat Storey, who sadly passed away this morning.

Mr Storey is the father of current North Antrim MLA, Mervyn Storey.

Paying tribute to the late Mr Storey, Cllr John McAuley spoke with great fondness about him, saying:

“It was with sadness that I received the news this morning (Monday 13th Jan) of Nat Storey having passed away.

“As a founder member of the Protestant Unionist Party and an election worker for the Late Ian Paisley, Nat was well known within political circles and in particular the DUP who made him an honory member in recognition of his work and commitment to the party over the years.

“On a personal note, I have known Nat all my life through his friendship with my Late Father Alfie and always enjoyed reminiscing with him about their antics many years ago.

“Nat has battled with poor health for a considerable time now, which is testament of his strong character but he is now safe in the hands of Jesus which I know will bring great comfort to the family.

“My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family circle at this sad time in particular his Sons Mervyn, Raymond along with Christine, Ann, Philip, Jonathan and Lydia.”

Nat Storey picture with his two sons either side, Raymond & Mervyn.